Saturday 12 July 2014

Gelli Plate - testing and adopting!

I recently tried the Gelli plate and could not stop using it! This plate is made of a gel on which you can do mono-prints that can be transferred onto another support. Technically, you put paint on the plate and with the use of masks, stamps or other random tools you remove / hide part of the paint. You then print this pattern onto a support (paper for example) and can start again, adding layers on the same sheet to build a complex picture. 


That's an example with at least 5 layers

Somehow, our favourites prints are often the ones made with paint leftover on the plate. I like their ghosty soft aspect.
In this one I used acidic-green to recover all the leftovers (red, blue, tree...)

We made those aiming to prepare some backgrounds for our Moleskine books (mine here and hers there), however I am finding them so complex already that I cannot make up my mind around cutting them or adding stuff onto it! 
Below are more scans:
My sister made this one







this one is actually only two layers: an acidic green with on top
an oceanic blue (pattern made with water) 

This one is made of ghosts (leftovers) from other pages,
which gives it this nicely soft aspect


No comments:

Post a Comment