Saturday 6 July 2013

Frites au four

I cook & eat chips in the oven since my sister made me discover how quick, easy (I mean no special equipment), nice and light it was to do so. 
Just cut the potatoes as you like them and put on an oven tray (I put a baking sheet to facilitate the cleaning) trying not to layer them too much. Drizzle seasoning: rock salt, grounded pepper, olive oil and lots of herbs (rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano, bay leaf). I usually add vegetables as well: red onion, carrots or whatever you fancy.

I cook 45 to 60 minutes at 180 to 200°C. I used to shake and move everything around at half-time but do not bother anymore: the coloring & cooking suits me perfectly as it is. They are really nice and both melting & crispy, like proper chips... just easier!

1 comment:

  1. and if you like them extra-crispy: pick the right potatoe of course, and scrape each side with a fork before cooking. Takes ages, but worth it!

    ReplyDelete