Saturday 28 October 2017

Pots series 10 - Big plates

This month I also did wide plates. It was difficult to glaze them, because they did not the buckets of glaze... I used two of them with one of my new favorite (because safely predictable) combination of grey and spotted green glazes. I experimented with four (and lost one in the process) by creating a marbling effect with black and white slip (liquid clay), and green and black slip. Interesting effect, but too much out of control for my taste! Lastly, I used two for spirals of Owen blue.

My plates, freshly thrown, and with different curves.

After glazing.


(2 x grey transparent, 2 x spotted green)



(black + white slip, 2x transparent inside, 2x shiny black outside - that is actually green)

(black + white slip, 2x transparent inside, 2x shiny black outside, iron oxide on the rim)


(black + green slip, 2x transparent inside, 2x shiny black outside)

(2x Tenmoku, trail of Owen blue)


(1x Tenmoku, splashes of Owen blue)



3 comments:

  1. L'assiette bicolore <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok elles sont toutes bicolores : je veux dire la grise et verte, moitié-moitié

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oui, ce sont deux couleurs très douces que j'aime bien utiliser. Trop tard pour en avoir une, elles sont allés pour Blake & Thomas !

      Delete